Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_12_] michael adams[_12_] is offline

Default Can I chuck unused wheelie bins in a skip?

"Jim K.." wrote in message
"michael adams" Wrote in message:

"R D S" wrote in message ...
I can't find an an answer to this, so if anyone knows....

I've 3 wheelie bins that are unused and I want to dispose of, and i've a skip.

I can't see any problem chucking them in a skip, but then i'm not the council.

If the 3 wheeelie bins were allocated to

Snip "counsel's opinion",

"Someone's nicked em guv, bloody kids, strong winds, pikeys etc etc"

So why wasn't this reported at the time ?

And supposing some public spirited Council Tax payer just happens to
notify the Council of this skip with the three wheelie bins in it ?
Which quite possibly, to their way of thinking, the Council should come
and retrieve. A fact that the OP might be completely unaware of the
time.

What is going to be your convenient lie in that instance, when confronted
with the facts ?

That the wind just happened to blow them into the skip ? And then
you just happened to forget to report them missing ?

There's no doubt that lying through one's teeth may indeed confer
positive benefits in some instances, at least until found out.

But in this instance, all the OP need do is to inform the Council.

He could have course have informed the Council at any time; only
the question of disposing of the wheelie bins only entered his
head at all with the arrival of the skip. Which isn't the
best solution for the reasons given.

michael adams