Posted to uk.d-i-y
michael adams[_12_] michael adams[_12_] is offline

Default Can I chuck unused wheelie bins in a skip?

"R D S" wrote in message ...
I can't find an an answer to this, so if anyone knows....

I've 3 wheelie bins that are unused and I want to dispose of, and i've a skip.

I can't see any problem chucking them in a skip, but then i'm not the council.

If the 3 wheeelie bins were allocated to an address for which you personally are
paying the Community Charge , and you haven't reported them as missing then I'd
be very wary of disposing of them without giving the Council adequate notice,
a fact which you can subsequently prove,

Again what the Council might regard as "adequate notice" may be a matter of
interpretation by a Court.

Basically money is tight. And any Council which had the opportunity to charge
Community Charge Payers the full retail price for 3 wheelie bins (as charged by
a Hi-Fi supplier for instance) would doubtless jump at the chance.

Whether they bother to check or not is another matter. But if you should have had
3 wheelie bins and didn't get them, or have subsequently had them stolen then
this should have been reported to the Council at the time. If it weasn't then as far as
the Council are concerned you should stil be in possession of the three wheelie
bins

michael adams