Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Valve stem rotates

Wanted to check tire pressure and couldn't get valve cap off. Got
pliers and it turned but never came off. Noticed the whole stem was
rotating. (Had probably gone once or twice around by the time I noticed
it.)

Is this permitted? Tire is not going flat, but should I get a new valve
anyhow?

Or fill the place where it meets the rim with glue? What glue?

I got the cap off with a sharp knife and added a little air, which has
not gotten out yet. (Can a metal cap get stuck on like this plastic
one did? That would be a lot harder to cut off.)
--
Micky

https://youtu.be/CDjT1fhrs-A