Posted to alt.home.repair
=?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= =?iso-8859-15?Q?Tekkie=AE?= is offline

Default Toilet seat screwdriver

posted for all of us...

On Mon, 14 Jan 2019 15:35:57 -0500, Tekkie®
wrote:

I need to tighten my toilet seat plastic bolts. The nut below the toilet is
manageable but the 'bolt' that extends into the seat hinge is slotted and
any screwdriver I have just mangles the plastic. I tried a putty knife but
it is too wide to get into the inset the bolt head sits in. How do plumbers
do it without damage?

Dull 1' wood chisel makes a good wrong tool for the job.

That is a good idea. I do not have any chisels but I could look at the
hardware store for a cheapie.

--
Tekkie