Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Texecom decides to go green/save money

On 15/01/2019 21:06, ARW wrote:
On 15/01/2019 20:37, Robin wrote:
On 15/01/2019 18:13, ARW wrote:
On 14/01/2019 09:20, Robin wrote:
On 13/01/2019 19:09, ARW wrote:
On 13/01/2019 15:43, T i m wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 15:17:28 +0000, ARW
wrote:

snip

The second biggest market I fit alarms for are for people who
have just
been burgled.

Do you typically fit a particular brand / model under those
circumstances and if so what?

I fit Texecom stuff. Usually the R8.

That's helpful as I've been dithering about a wired alarm. But I was
leaning towards one that offered a "follower" setting and can't see
that in the R8 manual. Any recommendations please among those that
do - eg Texecom's Premier range?

By "follower" setting do you mean a zone that will sound the alarm
immediately if that is the first zone that is activated but would
otherwise not immediately sound the alarm if you have already
activated another zone?

eg zone one is the front door contact and zone 2 is the hall PIR and
the keypad is in the hallway and you enter via the front door.

Yes, that's it.

Or am I completely missing the point?

No, I think you've decoded my probably **** poor explanation of what I
wanted.Â* In mitigation, I've never owned or installed a proper alarm
system.

Well then that is the first thing I have got right this week and it is
only Wednesday:-)))

Oi! I'm too bloody old to cope with Dementia tests after dinner.

Texecom call that zone "inhibited entry".

All the Veritas Panels do that.

But always buy the R8 plus. You can have secondary key codes for
cleaners/carers/electricians etc on the R8 plus and you can use EOL
terminations..

Ta.

--
Robin