Posted to uk.d-i-y
Murmansk Murmansk is offline

Default Side flush lever trouble

Im trying to mend a toilet flush mechanism €“ its a bog standard syphonic flush mechanism but rather than a lever at the front of the cistern theres a €œpaddle€ sticking out of the side fairly like this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/p/Ideal-Stand...8994815&chn=ps

The person whose toilet it is paid a ridiculous amount (Β£68) for a new lever but its about a centimetre shorter than the old one so when the lever operates, rather than pulling the plunger in the flush mechanism straight up, it tends to pull it up but slightly to the right and this is sufficient to make the thing not work first time, nine times out of ten €“ very annoying!

I refashioned the wire loop that connects the two bits and so far its not been successful. The hole in the lever is fairly near the end of the lever so I cant make another hole.

Any advice appreciated