Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_91_] Bill[_91_] is offline

Default Thread checker

DerbyDad03 wrote:

These images show the results of cleaning a 30+ year old deck with a low-end
Greenworks 1600 psi power washer and Krud Kutter deck wash. This is the first
time the deck had been cleaned other than an occasional rinse with a hose.

This image is mid-cleaning, with the clean portion still wet.

https://i.imgur.com/d2Wt0gY.jpg

This image was taken the next day, when the deck was mostly dry. This deck
hardly gets any sun, so it takes a while to dry out.

https://i.imgur.com/ER8tQjf.jpg

I chose Krud Kutter because it is supposed to be safe for plants and animals.

I went and checked, and I have most of a gallon of "Jomax" (which
one adds bleach to) left over from another project. It is safer
than using pure bleach too, which appeals to me. I'll try that
first. I still will need to cover all the plants/spirea which
surround the deck (not hard to do). Thanks for the tips! It's
nice to have a plan, so that after the snow melts--and maybe a
few weeks after that, I can hit the ground running! I'll take
before/after pics, because I think they are motivating to others! : )

Bill