Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fox's Mercantile Fox's Mercantile is offline

Default using acetone to clean audio cassette heads

On 1/14/19 3:50 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
Yes, it was mostly water. However, there were obscure additives
that were quite necessary, usually to solve uncommon or odd
problems. The customers were getting mostly water, but the
common ingredients and obscure additives were what they really
were buying.

Exactly. I am more than happy to pay for stuff that works instead
of mucking about trying to "make my own."

Two things of note, brake fluid really does stop weeds in your
driveway cracks, and lamp oil (paraffin oil) is considerably
cheaper than Saddle Soap.

I did learn how to make Prussic Acid, but that's pretty iffy.
I'd rather my enemies drop dead from natural causes or through
their own misfortune.

--
"I am a river to my people."
Jeff-1.0