Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default using acetone to clean audio cassette heads

On Monday, 14 January 2019 16:51:05 UTC, Fox's Mercantile wrote:
On 1/14/19 10:03 AM, tabbypurr wrote:
On Monday, 14 January 2019 15:02:07 UTC, wrote:

Suffice it to say that using a substance for a purpose not
mentioned on the containers label just isnt what you want.
Go to a trusted computer or parts retailer and specifically
ask for parts cleaner, €˜head cleaner .. etc. Because it
beats re-inventing the wheel, being adventuresome, gambling,
etc...

You won't do very well in life with that attitude.

NT

Actually, I do quite well with that attitude.
I buy things that work.

That way I don't have to waste my time and money playing "Mr.
Wizard."

I've learnt something today. I wasn't aware that paying a tenth the price for a better & entirely customisable product was a form of wizardry. Nor that it wasted time or money.

Retail concoctions often work, but often not adequately IME. Really it never ceases to amaze me what people pay for mostly water.

NT