Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Texecom decides to go green/save money

On Sunday, 13 January 2019 10:50:45 UTC, ARW wrote:
www.texe.com

will no longer be giving out paper copies of installation manuals with
their alarms. That's not much use to a DIYer.

From their email

"Texecom is no longer supplying printed copies of installation manuals
with Texecom electronic security products manufactured after Monday 21st
January.

Printing hard copies of installation manuals and supplying with each
individual product is extremely wasteful, increasingly expensive,
damaging to the environment and, crucially, does not guarantee the
latest information relating to digitally-enabled and remotely upgradable
security products.

Texecom installation manuals are always available and always up to date
to professional security installers on our free TexecomPro app and on
the Texecom website.

Texecom has developed the TexecomPro app specifically to enhance and
support professional installers who design, install and maintain Texecom
security systems. Available free on iOS and Android, TexecomPro is the
go-to resource for all Texecom technical information."

See the clever use of the word crucially?

What's clever about it , I would have thought it was quite important to have the latest install guide for any product even an old one especailly if something has been updated or the original install guide had an error or wasn;t as good as it coukld be.

So how does this post help DIYers?

It tells them they no longer have to resister at their website but can get an app .

Well you just sign up as a professional installer and make up any
company name you want for free online access to their manuals. They do
not check any details (I am sure a reader will register with them to
prove this).

Do you have to sign up claiming to be a professonal installer.
Most apps yuo don't sign up for. You agree to T&Cs .

Of if you do not want to sign up then just email me with the Texecom
manual you want and I'll email it to you.

That's nice of yuo but if you get a request for 100s will you pay the cost of photocopying (which might be against copyright) and posting to everyone.