Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Building a balcony, or 'high decking', how to design and size it?

Brian Gaff wrote:
There does seem to be a rash of balconies in the planning applications
around here of late. I'd imagine that As it will need planning consent there
must be guidelines around somewhere.

The main issue with balconies seems to be if they might overlook
neighbours' properties thus invading their privacy. Since our
neighbours are several hundred yards away behind huge trees that isn't
going to be an issue for us. Also as it's going to be at the back of
the house appearance isn't really going to be a problem, no one can
see the back of our house unless they're on our land.

However I think getting building control in might well be quite useful
in terms of getting things 'done right'.

--
Chris Green
ยท