Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Texecom decides to go green/save money

I wonder if they have thought this through. I can see what is going to
happen now. All the installers will print them out and may even print two
out one for them, and one for the customer, or at least in part.Then of
course most crooks would be interested I'd imagine.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"ARW" wrote in message
www.texe.com

will no longer be giving out paper copies of installation manuals with
their alarms. That's not much use to a DIYer.

From their email

"Texecom is no longer supplying printed copies of installation manuals
with Texecom electronic security products manufactured after Monday 21st
January.

Printing hard copies of installation manuals and supplying with each
individual product is extremely wasteful, increasingly expensive, damaging
to the environment and, crucially, does not guarantee the latest
information relating to digitally-enabled and remotely upgradable security
products.

Texecom installation manuals are always available and always up to date to
professional security installers on our free TexecomPro app and on the
Texecom website.

Texecom has developed the TexecomPro app specifically to enhance and
support professional installers who design, install and maintain Texecom
security systems. Available free on iOS and Android, TexecomPro is the
go-to resource for all Texecom technical information."

See the clever use of the word crucially?

So how does this post help DIYers?

Well you just sign up as a professional installer and make up any company
name you want for free online access to their manuals. They do not check
any details (I am sure a reader will register with them to prove this).

Of if you do not want to sign up then just email me with the Texecom
manual you want and I'll email it to you.

--
Adam