Posted to alt.home.repair
micky micky is offline

Default circular irrigation in a square farm field

When big circle watering of farm crops is used, does the plowing,
seeding, and fertilizing apply to the whole surrounding square, or only
to the circle as best they can.

Somone on the radio says that it's the square, but I've assumed that
farmers, especially those with GPS-equipped tractors, but also those
without (since cirular watering long preceded GPS), do as little excess
as the farmer's abiltity to see where the circle is while driving the
tractor, and as the width of the plow, seeder, fertilizer can make
happen.

If I can get a good answer here, I'll be happy, but if not, I'll stop
the car and check next time I'm near one of thes things.
--
Micky

https://youtu.be/CDjT1fhrs-A