Chippy

Default Help - washing machine won't drain!

ohawker (Andy Evans) wrote in message ...
Before removing anything, and before disconnecting the electricity, if
the machine has a rotary electro-mechanical control knob this should be rotated
while listening for the pump cutting in. It also might help if the OP stated
make and model.

Ah! helpful. But can I do this without water, i.e. by shutting the taps going
into the machine? It's a Whirlpool W100 also says "1000" on it.

I've no experience with Whirlpool machines, but, yes, you should do no
harm by trying the pump with water shut off.

If the pump runs you have established that it is not an electrical
fault on the pump circuit. It is therefore a blockage or the impeller
has come loose on the shaft.

In either case it will then be time to move the machine and start
looking inside, either to clear a blockage or to change the pump
(neither are big jobs).

Myself, I would try running another cycle - it could have been one of
those odd one-off faults; a dirty contact in the controller, perhaps,
and the machine might subsequently run OK.