Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Building a balcony, or 'high decking', how to design and size it?

On 13/01/2019 15:25, Chris Green wrote:
[snip]

Just in case it's not impinged on you, planning permission and building
regulations seem likely to be relevant so - depending on your local
authority's willingness to engage informally - you might want to start
by what tends to cause them least problems.

https://www.planningportal.co.uk/inf...cts/11/decking

Yes, we're aware that planning and regs apply. The above site is
totally useless, all it does is tell me that decking more than 30cm
high requires planning permission which we knew already. There's
nothing at all about balconies or outside stairways.

True. But it is not a big step from being told that building regs. are
relevant to Approved Document K which Owain has already cited. FTAOD
that explicitly states that it applies to external steps and balconies
where part of a building.

--
Robin