Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default How do I connect a DVD and a VCR to an HDTV?

On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 12:42:53 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Fri, 11 Jan 2019 20:39:38 -0800 (PST), condo owner
wrote:

https://imgur.com/gallery/pSCK0iT

The top photo is the back of the TV.
The middle photo is the back of the DVD.
The bottom photo is the back of the VCR.

What kind of cables do I need? What jack should each connector be plugged into on each device?

Get the 5 wire set for the Component video. (3 video, 2 sound) That is
as close as you get to HD.

It will be as good as the highest resolution as the DVD is capable of too.
I assume the DVD doesn't have an HDMI? It's not in the pic, but it might
have one off pic where we can't see it.

Using the 3 wire setup, Composite video (1
video 2 sound) will be SD at best, more like NTSC

Which is fine too, since it's from the VCR and capable of supporting
the max resolution that the VCR can put out.

I have a bunch of them and I would send you a set if you like but they
sell them everywhere. You might even find them in the trash these days
as most people are moving to HDMI

Ebay, assuming he can wait. Locally if you buy them new, they probably
will cost $25, while you can probably find them on ebay for $7 or just
a couple bucks if you can wait a few weeks for delivery from China.