Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Apprentice and Hex keys

In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
I was taught only metric at school, but use both. I prefer metric for
calculations, but imperial for real-world measurements.

I can visualise imperial measurements better than metric and they match
everyday life better (a pint or half-pint to drink, a pound of meat for
a stew, etc.).

Imperial also divides up nicely into 1/4s and 1/3s.

Quite.

Despite trying to convert, I still find yards feet and inches easier to
use for DIY round the house than metric. I reckon it interfaces with the
human brain better. Of course those who've only ever used metric wouldn't
understand this.

--
*Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.