Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris B[_2_] Chris B[_2_] is offline

Default Does anyone know what these grips are called?

On 11/01/2019 11:39, Chris B wrote:
In article ,
Â*Â*Â* Dan S. MacAbre wrote:
We were in Italy over the new year visiting in-laws.Â* They are retired
farmers, and there are interesting mountains of tools both ancient and
modern lying around.Â* One of the modern ones that I rather liked was
like a kind of Mole grip, but the pivot/fulcrum/whatever could be moved
into four positions, a bit like a deck chair, and it allowed the jaws to
open a bit wider, and to stay a bit more parallel.Â* Has anyone seen any
of these?

Do you mean slip joint pliers? Sometimes called water pump pliers. But
not
really like a mole grip, and only a simple pivot, so not as much grip.

No I think they are different - I have seen these; indeed I was using
some only last weekend.Â* (they are very old- but still worked).Â*Â* They
are just like mole grips but the pivot point can be moved like water
pump pliers.Â* Should be on the site where they are this afternoon so I
will take a photo and post it if nothing comes up sooner.

Found a similar (modern) set with image search. For some reason adding
French to the search term made all the difference.

https://img.vpindustries.fr/dolex/im...taux_BL250.jpg

--
Chris B (News)