Posted to uk.d-i-y
charles charles is offline

Default Apprentice and Hex keys

In article ,
wrote:
On Friday, 11 January 2019 10:00:56 UTC, NY wrote:
Would you prefer to add up a column of prices in £p or in £sd, with
all the latter's carry-after-you-reach-12 and carry-after-you-reach-20
complications.

It's actually divide-and-carry which is worse if you don't know your 12
times table properly.

51d is 3d down and carry 4s over.

The "Back in time for school" programme last night (BBC2 I think) was
teaching in centimetres "in the 1940s" which is wrong in so many ways.

I was taught about centimeters in physics in the 1940s.

--
from KT24 in Surrey, England