Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default colour matched paint

Are the colorimeter. These devices used to cost a fortune for military paint
matching as the finish also makes the paint look a different colour, so the
faintest tendency toward rippling etc can look a different colour.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"tim..." wrote in message
Went into a store (I won't name it because it mighty not be the store's
fault, could be a generic problem with this product) with a sample of the
emulsion paint that I wanted, painted on to a piece of plasterboard (of
the same type that I expect to be painting onto).

now that I have opened the tin and painted the the walls (well a bit of)
the colour has dried out to be closer to that of the base colour of the
plaster board than the colour that I pained on.

I guess that the emulsion is translucent to the laser device that they use
to determined the colour mix and I got a result tainted by the colour of
the backing?

going back tomorrow with the same painted onto some gloss white paper.

bugger is I bought 10L of it

tim