Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pat[_25_] Pat[_25_] is offline

Default using acetone to clean audio cassette heads

On Wednesday, August 2, 2000 at 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, GHilgenber wrote:

I have a ford ranger and the cassette player has a lot of static the radio
plays fine.I have demagnetizer and cleaning tapes I was thinking of using
acetone on the heads?

As other have pointed out, the OP made his request almost 19 years
ago, but since everyone here seems to be discussing the merits of
various head cleaning methods, I have a question. How can "static" be
a symptom of dirty tape heads? Drop outs - yes. Loss of highs - yes.
Static? Sounds more like a bad connection or static electricity being
generated somewhere.