Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Electrical Outlets Upside Down? Code?

On 1/9/19 9:25 AM, trader_4 wrote:

[snip]

That's a system. You'd think by now there would be some universal
ID that you could use on receptacles to mark switched, but I've never
seen any. Just a simple little piece of green tape on the half that
is switched would work, but I never thought about doing it until now.
It would be most useful in a new house, where you're not sure what's
what and have to plug in a lot of stuff. Would be nice if that convention
could be followed by electricians.

I have a receptacle where both halves are (separately) switched. One
side is marked with red tape, the other with green tape. The receptacle
is meant to be used for Christmas lights.

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.us/

"It is from the Bible that man has learned cruelty, rapine and murder;
for the belief of a cruel God makes a cruel man." -- Thomas Paine