Old January 9th 19, 01:46 PM posted to sci.electronics.repair
John-Del[_2_] John-Del[_2_] is offline

Default curious symptom old Fisher stereo amp, inputs strange

On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 8:11:28 PM UTC-5, Terry Schwartz wrote:
On Tuesday, January 8, 2019 at 4:34:00 PM UTC-6, wrote:
John-Del:

On a lot of receivers/amps(esp. older ones),
'Tape Out' does mean 'coming from' the
tape/cassette deck, and 'Tape In' means
what is going out of the receiver/amp to
the record deck.

From my own experience.

Agreed --- my vintage Sansui receiver works exactly that way.

I have a 70s Sansewer receiver in my dungeon, I'll see how that one is configured. But I'm wondering if the tape mon connections are simply labelled "in" and "out", or if they're preceded by "connect to"...