Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Wall mount TV

On 01/08/2019 04:12 PM, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 14:25:55 -0500, Frank "frank wrote:

and as Ed responded they
keep getting lighter, bigger and cheaper.

Couple days ago I saw a video. CES 2019 is in Las Vegas.

New TVs may be modular. You would buy sections that plug into each
other. Say the wall is 120 inches, then you build the TV to a custom
fit. It speaks about nano-led. Supposedly, you would not be able to
see pixels in the panel.

Another new TV will roll up. I guess you pull it down like a curtain.

I just read an article on the new 8K TVs on gizmodo. The reviewer was
underwhelmed. He said the definition was remarkable -- as long as you
had your nose to the glass. More than 4' away and you couldn't tell the
difference. The screens were huge so he wondered about sitting 4' from
an 80" screen.

That's to say nothing of the lack of 8K media. Right now streaming 4K is
pushing it for many people. He though working on a better dynamic range
would be more worthwhile but after trying to explain dynamic range to
his mother and having her wander off concluded it was an easier sell to
convince people 8k is twice as good as 4k.

Personally after going to DVDs, plain vanilla, not Blu-Ray I found I was
seeing too much sweat and makeup flaws already.