Posted to alt.home.repair
Ken[_6_] Ken[_6_] is offline

Default Drain maintenance for grease

Wade Garrett wrote:
On 1/7/19 5:03 PM, Ken wrote:
wrote:
On Mon, 7 Jan 2019 06:24:16 -0600, Ken wrote:

I have a kitchen drain that I recently opened with a snake due to
grease
accumulation.Â* I was able to do this from a cleanout plug close to the
kitchen sink.Â* I am careful not to pour grease down the drain, but I
guess it happens naturally.Â* Since I do not have a plugged up drain
right now, I am wondering what I might do to reduce grease buildup in
the future.Â* I have read of vinegar and baking soda as an approach, but
has anyone had success with something else?

Â*Â* KenÂ* ;Â* just how often are you un-clogging it ?
I clean-out my kitchen drain every 10 years or soÂ* -Â* why would I
Â* wasteÂ* time & money on useless chemicals.Â* It's not a pleasant job
but it takes about 15 minutes.
Â*Â*Â* John T.

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

I have had problems in the past and tried to solve them with
chemicals. Finally after decades I realized I needed to take a more
serious action, hence the snake.Â* I freed the stoppage but am trying
to prevent further blockage.Â* I guess I could do the snake again, but
it is an unpleasant job.Â* I have a grease jar where I put all possible
grease, but some is unavoidable.

Can you use a snake if you have a disposal installed?

No, I used an access cleanout port below it to achieve that.