ARWadsworth

Default BG Central Heating breakdown care

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 20:38:39 GMT, "ARWadsworth"
wrote:

"Alan" wrote in message
. ..
In message ,

ARWadsworth
wrote

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
The advertising is very good.

It is excellent. On the advert Ricky Tomlinson says "we do not need to

be
here" and never was a truer word spoken.

The advertisements are b******s. Even if you provide your own meter
readings over the web BG will send a letter every 18 months threatening
legal action unless you allow them into your house to 'perform a safety
check'.

The safety check is someone turning up to (surprise, surprise) read

the
meter. As he is not Corgi registered I'm not sure that this 5 second
safety check has any meaning!

The b******s owe me a days wage and travel expenses to my parent's

holiday
home after not tuning up for the above safety check appointment. They

also
owe my Dad the same. Third time lucky. An invoice for just over £400 has
been sent to them to cover costs.

That's going to be very interesting. Please keep us updated as this
one progresses....

It is not a problem. It is now the second time they have done this. We got
the money last time (about 5 years ago) but it was time consuming. In the
end they paid up when we sent the person dealing with our complaint a
cutting from a newspaper where someone had taken BG to court and won his
case for loss of wages etc. Hopefully they will have us on file and pay up a
little quicker this time.

--
Adam