John Rouse

Default Help - washing machine won't drain!

In article , Andy Evans
writes
This is all very helpful. Now, the machine is currently empty - I've done the
'draining through the front' theatre. Conveniently I live on the 2nd floor. So
given that the machine's empty, can I try some other method?

It's looking like the machine needs to come out. I'm fine with electrics, so
after I check that the pipe's not blocked, I'll look at the pump. No cute
diagnostic tricks I can use before I pull the bloody thing out?

I found after I drained the thing a trayful at a time that there is a
little hose tucked away next to the fluff filter that allows you to
drain the pump completely. I bought a replacement pump from one of the
internet sites, and the hose connector was fractionally smaller than on
the original, which meant a lot of creative tie-wrapping to get it to
fit.

John
--
John Rouse