Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Tree Branch cut

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 22:53:13 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

Grandfather used to graft bushes, add peat moss and moisture, then
wrap the graft with aluminum foil (ball) so it roots -- IIRC

Was he grafting or was he "air layering" , a means to make a new plant
from one you already have . I haven't done that , but have had mixed
success starting plants with cuttings dipped in rooting hormone powder .
I'd like to try grafting some better fruiting canes to our native
muscadine root stock , that **** is incredibly hardy .

Maybe it _was_ "air layering". I was just knee=high

He peeled some bark back with a pocket knife and was able to grow
roots, them cut it off for a new plant.