Old January 5th 19, 10:31 PM posted to alt.home.repair

Default Tree Branch cut

I had an INEPT person attend to my yard. Only after he had cut off a
branch from a 6 foot tall tree, did I detect the damage!
Apologies that I do not know the ornamental tree "type"

While now completely severed, are there any options to reattach that
(2 inch diameter) branch -even with limited chances of success?

Old January 6th 19, 12:06 AM posted to alt.home.repair

No chance to bring it back to life. You can reattach it for looks though.
Old January 7th 19, 05:53 AM posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/6/2019 5:24 PM, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 05 Jan 2019 20:39:17 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 20:27:58 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:

On 1/5/2019 4:31 PM, wrote:
I had an INEPT person attend to my yard. Only after he had cut off a
branch from a 6 foot tall tree, did I detect the damage!
Apologies that I do not know the ornamental tree "type"

While now completely severed, are there any options to reattach that
(2 inch diameter) branch -even with limited chances of success?

Grafting is a method of attaching one type of plant to another but have
no idea if it would work for you.

Usually you graft a bud - not a 2 inch log.

Agree. A two inch branch would not attach to 6 foot ornamental tree.

It would require great support, braces, etc.. Wind will move the
branch around so often.

Grandfather used to graft bushes, add peat moss and moisture, then
wrap the graft with aluminum foil (ball) so it roots -- IIRC

Was he grafting or was he "air layering" , a means to make a new plant
from one you already have . I haven't done that , but have had mixed
success starting plants with cuttings dipped in rooting hormone powder .
I'd like to try grafting some better fruiting canes to our native
muscadine root stock , that **** is incredibly hardy .

--
Snag
Yes , I'm old

Old January 7th 19, 06:53 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 6 Jan 2019 22:53:13 -0600, Terry Coombs
wrote:

Grandfather used to graft bushes, add peat moss and moisture, then
wrap the graft with aluminum foil (ball) so it roots -- IIRC

Was he grafting or was he "air layering" , a means to make a new plant
from one you already have . I haven't done that , but have had mixed
success starting plants with cuttings dipped in rooting hormone powder .
I'd like to try grafting some better fruiting canes to our native
muscadine root stock , that **** is incredibly hardy .

Maybe it _was_ "air layering". I was just knee=high

He peeled some bark back with a pocket knife and was able to grow
roots, them cut it off for a new plant.
Old January 7th 19, 08:24 PM posted to alt.home.repair

On 1/5/2019 4:31 PM, wrote:
[...]

I was Hoping to reconnect that "cut off" branch, cut from a 6 foot
tall tree/shrub
Old January 7th 19, 10:44 PM posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:
[...]

IMHO that would be difficult; for example. how close was the branch
cut from the trunk of a 6 foot tree -- we don't know the tree
identity.

split tree branch - tree.JPG (0/1) bill Home Repair 8 January 10th 08 11:14 AM
Tree Branch Pruner Dave_s Home Repair 2 June 14th 06 05:50 PM
Tree Branch Fell on Phone Line Guogang Home Ownership 6 September 10th 04 01:28 AM
Can I use a tree branch for wood? Bob Flint Woodworking 33 February 15th 04 01:03 AM
Tree, branch, fence, chainsaw, me, advice? Colin UK diy 3 July 27th 03 09:26 PM