Posted to alt.home.repair
Dan Espen[_3_] Dan Espen[_3_] is offline

Default Wall mount TV

Ed Pawlowski writes:

I want to wall mount our 55" TV. I see mounts from $12 to $60. I
don't want or need articulating, just flat and maybe the ability to
tilt.

I see you mount on the wall and a part on the TV. How do you put them
together? I will have help lifting it in place.

My TV is 46".
I had no trouble installing the wall mount stuff and lifting the TV
in place. With 55" you might need help. You just lift the TV up
and set it on the brackets. Some brackets come with places for pad locks.

I also know exactly where the studs are. I have a photo of the framed
wall when it was being built and a stud is to the right of a box on
the wall. No guessing there.

Another poster declared wall mounting is a fad.
BS. The TV can't fall over and it takes less room attached to the wall.
So, looks better, saves space, works better, a perfect DIY improvement.

--
Dan Espen