Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default gas fireplace won't start-up - pilot is lit

On Saturday, January 5, 2019 at 7:20:20 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 12:06:46 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

What is the problem

The subject line suggests the gas fireplace won't start. What do you
think? Any idea as to the problem...

I had an interesting experience once. I was helping a friend put in a
new, expensive LG dryer. We went to HD to get the necessary fittings.
After installing it, it would not light. We wound up making a warranty
claim. The service guy came and guess what it turned out to be?
A nickle or dime, I forget which, was inside the valve or fitting we
bought! Someone had done it as a prank at HD and we never thought to
look inside for an obstruction.