Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] stephenten@tesco.net is offline

Default Rant about LED floodlights

I have 8 of the things scattered around the sides of the house.

Already I have had to replace four due to filling with rain water and replaced four when they either started flashing repeatedly or have gone candlelight dim.

You have to replace the whole thing when it's gone dim or starts flashing, it's not possible to replace either the LED driver PSU or the led light array.

I now use self amalgamating tape at where the cable enters the cable gland so that particular issue has stopped.

But no solution yet to having to replace the whole fitting when they start flashing or go dim.