Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to dispose of fibreglass batting?

On Sun, 06 Jan 2019 13:08:44 -0500, Nil
wrote:

Is fibreglass batting insulation considered to be hazardous waste? I
replaced a few feet of it in my attic and put the old stuff in my
regular trash barrel... and the trash crew didn't take it. They emptied
out the stuff in the top half of the barrel, but they left the
insulation below it. Some googling finds people talking about having to
treat the disposal of old loose blow-in insulation with care, but not
much is said about fibreglass batting. Do I have to treat it specially?

Put it a black yard waste bag and set it out with the trash. They
probably just want to be handling it.