Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default How to dispose of fibreglass batting?

On 01/06/2019 11:08 AM, Nil wrote:
Is fibreglass batting insulation considered to be hazardous waste? I
replaced a few feet of it in my attic and put the old stuff in my
regular trash barrel... and the trash crew didn't take it.

It isn't hazardous by any definition I know of but as you probably know
if you removed it, it can be miserable stuff to work with. Maybe the
trash crew didn't want to spend the day itching.

I agree with Frank though. They dumped the container and it didn't fall
out by itself. Even if they manually dumped the container it wouldn't be
heavy enough to attract attention.