Posted to alt.home.repair
Kevin O'Cunnilingus[_3_] Kevin O'Cunnilingus[_3_] is offline

Default Gutter height

On 1/6/19 7:13 AM, wrote:
On Saturday, July 23, 2005 at 8:18:37 AM UTC-7, Old_boat wrote:
Does anyone know what the standard height measurement is between the last
shingle on a roof and how low or high the gutter should be? I had a builder
tell me that the gutters are too low after the second layer of roof shingles
were installed over the first. and that they needed raised up.

Larry

https://www.thisoldhouse.com/how-to/...l-rain-gutters

"To ensure that gutters drain properly, make certain they slope (½ inch for every 10 feet) toward a downspout.
For gutter runs longer than 40 feet, it's best to pitch the gutter down from the middle to a downspout at each end."