Harry Bloomfield

Default BG Central Heating breakdown care

On 29/12/2003 "ANt" opined:-
Anyone have any experience of these policies and what the 'inspection'
is supposed to include ? I'm afraid I didn't spend too much time
looking into it before hand which was stupid in retrospect. It didn't
really cross my mind that they'd send someone round once a year to
polish the boiler housing and not bother checking inside it
considering they're supposed to cough up for any problems. However I
don't really want to knock 5 years life of the boiler because it's not
actually being serviced properly. The policy is "Maintenance and
Breakdown" cover so I expect some Maintenance...not just breakdown
cover...and I don't class a visual inspection as maintenance.

I would suggest the best thing to do is to put the money you would pay
BG into a money box, then use that to cover the cost of any repairs.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (Lap)