Posted to uk.d-i-y
RJH[_2_] RJH[_2_] is offline

Default Gas boilers

In article ,
ARW wrote:
In article ,
ARW wrote:
Just how many times have these wonderful arrangements had a chance
to earn their keep? (And for what durations?)

I fitted a generator set up for a poster in the rec.motorcycle group
about 6 years ago. He has never used it.

It set my parents up with a inverter at about the same time. They have
never used it.

I also fitted an inverter to power the CH some 20 years ago. It has never
been used in anger. Luckily, didn't buy a battery specially for it - would
have used one from one of the cars.

20 years later and it is still there ready to go if you need it?

Good point. ;-) Another thing on the list to check. I made the inverter
from a Vellerman kit so at least I have the circuit for it. I've also just
looked and found a schematic of the relays etc I used on this computer, so
don't need to rely on memory.

This thread prompted a quick look on ebay. Prices vary from £20 to many
hundreds for 12V inverters of much the same spec (for say a 2000W).

Any recommendations?

--
Cheers, Rob