Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Gas boilers

"ARW" wrote in message
On 02/01/2019 20:20, charles wrote:
In article , ARW
wrote:
On 02/01/2019 18:38, charles wrote:
In article , ARW
wrote:
On 02/01/2019 13:54, GB wrote:
On 02/01/2019 13:47, Andy Bennet wrote:
I've been told that my electric boiler is useless during a power
cut. Are Gas boiler C.H. pumps, timer and control electronics gas
powered?

You can power those from a small generator.

A pure sine wave inverter at my parents house.

And it has just enough juice to power a travel kettle.

I have a gas ring for that. Mind you, we have to boil water in a
saucepan, though.

Does the gas ring also power the modem, computer and a few table lamps?

No. I have a UPS on my modem and another one for this computer. I have a
laptop with a 6 hour battery, I also have small generator and plenty of
flashlights (for our US readers) and candles.

I won't have candles in the house. I have worked on too many insurance
jobs where they have caused fires.

I dont have any candles because its much more convenient
to have a couple of those things that charge an unpluggable
torch off the mains all the time the mains is available which
come on auto when the mains fails so you can find them
and use them until the mains comes back.