Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Leviton circuit breakers

On Wed, 02 Jan 2019 21:52:24 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2019 20:51:52 -0500, wrote:

On Wed, 02 Jan 2019 16:25:25 -0500, Clare Snyder
wrote:

On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 15:21:27 -0500, Tekkie® wrote:

I was reading an advertisement by Leviton that stated their AFCI/GFCI
circuit breakers were the only ones that met the new standard for indicating
end of life.

I also stumbled across an episode of This Old House where the electrician
was installing a Leviton load center.

Any thoughts or opinions? I suppose that will increase the cost up^.
Sure looks like a winner if it lives up to it's promise. It is
designed tomake wiring AFC and GFC circuits dead sinple, and very neet
- with NO pigtails and no "common " neutral busses. Every circuit is
easy to follow and connect - no chance of "floating" neutrals.

Won't likely be much more expensive than a Square D QO panel and
devices, which are the "gold standard" up until now.

If I had not just installed the QO 2 years ago I'd defnitely be
looking at the Leviton offering pretty closely - - -

I have never seen a Leviton panel, how do the GFCIs connect to the
neutral bus?

Neutral, line and load are all plug-in. No screws on the breaker. No
common neutral connection either. Each cable (circuit) connects to
screw terminals on the panel at the breaker. Makes for the neatest
power distribution panel you've ever seen - but a bit of a problem for
an upgrade panel. Perfect for a new install. The way a power panel
SHOULD have been designed to start with, and definitely the way a
power panel should be for AFCI.

You are adding "plug on" connections in addition to a lug. If the
connectors are good it is OK I suppose but every time you add a
connection you add a potential failure.