Stormin Mormon

Default Humidifier Recommendation

What he said. Plus, be sure it's got a drain under it. My boss and I used to
install Aprilaire 600, which have a vertical, square wick. The water flows
enough of it through that some of the water goes into a drain. Helps keep it
from accumulating limescale, minerals, and bacteria, fungus, and other
microfleems. You don't want to have warm, wet water accumulated in your
furnace. That's the same environment as the inside of your lungs (wet,
humid, and lots of oxygen). And so that's how you get microfleems that
infect people.

--

Christopher A. Young
Jesus: The Reason for the Season

"SofaKing" wrote in message
newsp6Wb.463683$ts4.383362@pd7tw3no...
Go with the newer wick pad type rather than the older "drum" pad type. Less
maintenance.

"afman72" wrote in message
I live in Colorado and I'm looking to connect/install a humidifier to my
forced air heating system. My hard wood floors are handling the dry air
very well. Anyone in the group have a recommendation on the best type

and
brands? thanks Phil