Ed Sirett

Default BG Central Heating breakdown care

On Mon, 29 Dec 2003 19:28:39 +0000, Alan wrote:

In message , ARWadsworth
wrote

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
. ..
The advertising is very good.

It is excellent. On the advert Ricky Tomlinson says "we do not need to be
here" and never was a truer word spoken.

The advertisements are b******s. Even if you provide your own meter
readings over the web BG will send a letter every 18 months threatening
legal action unless you allow them into your house to 'perform a safety
check'.

The safety check is someone turning up to (surprise, surprise) read the
meter. As he is not Corgi registered I'm not sure that this 5 second
safety check has any meaning!

This could only mean checking that no one has taken the meter out of
service and bridged it with a hose.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk