Gryhound

Default Humidifier Recommendation

"afman72" wrote in message
I live in Colorado and I'm looking to connect/install a humidifier to my
forced air heating system. My hard wood floors are handling the dry air
very well. Anyone in the group have a recommendation on the best type

and
brands? thanks Phil

I just installed a Honeywell flow-thru humidifier. Installation was
not too bad (had to make some adjustments outside the
instructions) So far, it has made a big difference for my comfort
level. I live in Wisconsin and our air is probably not as dry as
yours in CO, but my nose feels the difference and I feel warmer.
My hardwood doesn't seem to be noticeably changed since I installed
the unit.

They come in several sizes depending on your square footage.
My only complaint is the amount of wasted water. I was
kind of surprised when I watched how much water flows thru
the filter and down the drain. (On that note, be sure you
don't get a unit that requires a floor drain if you don't have
one in your basement) I thought that there was way too much
water flowing thru the filter than was necessary to keep it wet.

Has anyone played with the self-tapping valve? The instructions
say not to use it as a flow control valve - it's either open or
closed.

Outside of that, no complaints with the system. My cost was
$99.00 plus the install kit.

--
David P. Feyen Reply to: dfeyen at wi dot rr dot com
This life is a test. It is only a test. Had this been an actual life,