Posted to alt.home.repair,uk.d-i-y,alt.electronics,alt.sci.physics
Meanie[_2_] Meanie[_2_] is offline

Default Slow microwave ovens

On 12/31/2018 1:28 PM, William Gothberg wrote:
On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 03:48:02 -0000, Meanie wrote:

On 12/30/2018 7:17 PM, William Gothberg wrote:
On Mon, 31 Dec 2018 00:11:44 -0000, Meanie wrote:

On 12/30/2018 12:44 PM, William Gothberg wrote:
On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 17:28:31 -0000, Meanie wrote:

On 12/30/2018 12:09 PM, William Gothberg wrote:
On Sun, 30 Dec 2018 03:09:29 -0000, FMurtz
wrote:

William Gothberg wrote:
On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 17:38:04 -0000, Clare Snyder

wrote:

On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 08:07:42 -0800, Bob F
wrote:

On 12/29/2018 6:37 AM, trader_4 wrote:
On Saturday, December 29, 2018 at 9:23:42 AM UTC-5, Bill Gill
wrote:
On 12/29/2018 7:43 AM, William Gothberg wrote:
Shouldn't we have faster microwaves by now giving out a
few kW?
They
were invented decades ago.
Higher powered microwaves would require higher powered
electric
outlets, probably 220VAC (in the USA).

Also it is questionable whether higher powered ovens would be
practical for use.* Getting warming times down to a couple of
seconds might not be a good idea.* More speed is not always
better.

Bill

+1

That about covers it.* Not sure how useful more power would be.
For
example,
last night I was thawing out a tomato sauce in a quart plastic
container.
The Panasonic has a defrost mode that uses about 30% power and
cycles that.

It gets the 30% power by cycling the 100% power on 30% of the
time.

(By the way, adjusting the level does not actually change the
wattage.
It simply means the microwave will pulse on and off at its fixed
wattage
until the desired level is reached.)

https://lifehacker.com/5974788/famil...-cooking-a-joy

*That was true of the first generation of Microwaves, but the
current
"inverter" driver units actually CAN throttle the power. Inverter
microwaves are much better for defrosting AND cooking.

We've had ours for about 2 years now - replacing our original
that we
bought in about 1985.

BIG difference (but the old one would likely still be working by
the
time this one dies)

Why is it called an invertor?* I thought an invertor was a
device to
increase the voltage - like running 240V devices off a 12V car
battery.

Why do you persist in posting waffle about which you know
absolutely
nothing, twould be better to post on subjects you know* or ask and
educate yourself about the other

I know what a ****ing invertor is, I built my own solar panel
system.

LMFAO! There it is again. Nobody else brags about you therefore, brag
about yourself when nobody asked. LMFAO! Pathetic ******.

I wasn't bragging, I was stating I know how inverters work.* Why on
earth would you see that as bragging?* You have some weird mental
problem.

It's simple....
beginning of sentence "I know how inverters work." end of sentence

See that? No requirement of why or bragging about an accomplishment. I
simply stated I know how they work. If required, you could explain the
process of the inverter without stating you built something. But not
you.... you do man! LMFAO!

I know, we all have weird mental problems because you say so. You're
the
best!

I backed up my reasoning as yo why I know how they work.* Why you see
that as bragging, nobody knows.

LMFAO! Pathetic ******.

You're not very good at comprehending English are you?* I have built a
solar power system using invertors by myself.* Therefore I know what an
invertor is and how it works.* That is a statement of fact, not bragging.

LMFAO! Pathetic ******.