Posted to alt.sci.physics,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair

Default Slow microwave ovens

Brian Gaff wrote :
Seriously, to get the same power out of a Microwave running on a lower
voltage the current is higher. I do not think the problem is the power at
all, its the way they work limiting what you can cook and how it cooks.
Besides you can now get combination ovens that cook the inside with
microwaves and the outside with direct heating.

Our oven is a combi, micro, conventional oven and grill. We have only
ever used to as a micro and tested the other functions do work. The
extra facilities were mainly bought as a standby system to a gas double
oven and grill.