Posted to alt.sci.physics,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Slow microwave ovens

On 12/29/2018 3:20 PM, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Dean Hoffman formulated on Saturday :
*Well,* the microwave cooking instructions on a lot of things say to
stir halfway
through cooking time.* That would lead me to think microwaves have the
same
issue as conventional ovens with the evenness factor.

I would expect the microwave energy to follow the inverse square law and
the energy to rapidly drop off the deeper it has to penetrate the food,
especially so if that food is a solid, with no convection currents as in
a liquid. So more power, will cook the outside too quickly and leave the
middle un-cooked or even cold.

Just like UHF TV has a harder time getting through rain, snow, trees and
walls than VHF.