Dave Plowman

Default BG Central Heating breakdown care

In article ,
ANt wrote:
I had thought about the BG policy in the past and thought I may as
well get the policy to protect against some unwanted/unplanned costs
that may arise and as it included servicing seemed like a good time to
do it.

However, after the engineer left the building, my wife phones to say
he didn't seem to do much...certainly didn't vacuum out the boiler
which I thought would be a standard part of service.

Just out of interest, I didn't touch my newly installed system with the
express desire of seeing just how long it would run without a 'service'.
The answer - 12 years. Then it needed a good clean out. Natural gas burns
pretty cleanly and doesn't require the ancient idea of an annual clean out
that town gas did. IMHO, there's nothing in a modern system that an annual
service from BG etc is needed. It's simply an insurance contract. And it's
up to you whether this is worthwhile or not.

--
*Change is inevitable, except from a vending machine.

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn