Posted to alt.sci.physics,uk.d-i-y,alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Slow microwave ovens

"William Gothberg" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 29 Dec 2018 14:23:37 -0000, Bill Gill wrote:

On 12/29/2018 7:43 AM, William Gothberg wrote:
Shouldn't we have faster microwaves by now giving out a few kW? They
were invented decades ago.

Higher powered microwaves would require higher powered electric
outlets, probably 220VAC (in the USA).

Not a problem in Europe where everything is 240V. Another reason you
ought to stop that low voltage crap!

Another pathetic excuse for a troll.

Do you seriously have to hard wire all your washing machines, dishwashers,
tumble dryers, etc, etc?

Nope the higher power devices plug in.

And what on earth do you do with hoovers?

They work fine on 110V, stupid.

Also it is questionable whether higher powered ovens would be
practical for use. Getting warming times down to a couple of
seconds might not be a good idea. More speed is not always better.

It can take 5 minutes to warm something from frozen to eating temperature.

Hardly the end of civilisation as we know it.

I see no reason that couldn't be made into 2 minutes.

You can buy them like that and have been able to for decades.