Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K.. Jim K.. is offline

Default Damp proof membranes, is it normal not to worry about holes inthem?

Chris Green Wrote in message:
I've been lookng at some FAQs and fitting details relating to SIPs
supplied by a local supplier (http://www.supersips.uk.com).

As far as I can tell from this information it would seem that both the
DPM under the floor and the breathable membrane between the panels
and cladding are punctured by the fixings. The underfloor DPM seems
to have fixing bolts through it and the breathable wall membrane is
fixed using 'staples'.

Is this normal, it seems to rather defeat the object of using the
membranes?

Change proof to "control" & it makes more relative sense.

Slightly more troubling is 'bolts through the underfloor dpm...?
How thick is the floor? Made of what?
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----