Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch Dishwasher Woes

On Friday, 28 December 2018 08:44:51 UTC, RJH wrote:
On 27/12/2018 14:38, tabbypurr wrote:
On Thursday, 27 December 2018 13:54:40 UTC, Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 13:11:35 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:

I don't have a washdisher, but I can generally tell when someone else
does, it may be they're not cleaning it properly or using proper doses
of liquids/powders/tablets, but that seems to be a habit that the owners
fall into ...

A lot of people believe that tablets are a complete replacement for salt
(when needed).

The salt in tablets never gets to the ion exhanger. If salt is omitted the exchangeer fails permanently. Cloudiness & limescale follow.

Only if salt is needed because of the nature of the water - at least for
my (Siemens) dishwasher. In the manual it says:

--
When the control is set to 0, it is not necessary to fill up with salt
as none will be consumed while the dishwasher is operating. The LOW SALT

yes, should be obvious to folk that know how they work.

NT