Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bosch Dishwasher Woes

Had the same on bosch smv40t10gb. It was the float switch that had been blocked by a lemon pip that was caught in all the gunk that builds up. I took the whole plastic float tank off and washed it out with hot water and washing up liquid and it finally came out along with all the gunk and now everything seems to be working again. Not a quick job though and going to order a new flat tank as it looks like it will gunk up again over time. Hope you fixed yours ok
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Reading about dish washers here I am glad I never bothered. It seems to me
that in effect have to pre wash anything you put in anyway, or things like
this story will gum up the works pretty soon. might as well go on with my
sponge scourers and washing up liquid.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
wrote in message
Had the same on bosch smv40t10gb. It was the float switch that had been
blocked by a lemon pip that was caught in all the gunk that builds up. I
took the whole plastic float tank off and washed it out with hot water and
washing up liquid and it finally came out along with all the gunk and now
everything seems to be working again. Not a quick job though and going to
order a new flat tank as it looks like it will gunk up again over time. Hope
you fixed yours ok

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote

Reading about dish washers here I am glad I never bothered.

More fool you. God knows how much time you
wasted doing it by hand all these years. Do you do
all your clothes and bed linen etc by hand too ?

It seems to me that in effect have to pre wash anything you put in anyway,

No you do not. I never do anything more than knock
stuff like chop bones off into the bin before putting
the plate into the dishwasher.

or things like this story will gum up the works pretty soon.

Never happened with my bosch.

might as well go on with my sponge scourers and washing up liquid.

Even sillier than you usually manage.

wrote in message
Had the same on bosch smv40t10gb. It was the float switch that had been
blocked by a lemon pip that was caught in all the gunk that builds up. I
took the whole plastic float tank off and washed it out with hot water and
washing up liquid and it finally came out along with all the gunk and now
everything seems to be working again. Not a quick job though and going to
order a new flat tank as it looks like it will gunk up again over time.
Hope you fixed yours ok

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 26 Dec 2018 09:09:45 -0800, jfairhead wrote:

Had the same on bosch smv40t10gb. It was the float switch that had been
blocked by a lemon pip that was caught in all the gunk that builds up.
I took the whole plastic float tank off and washed it out with hot water
and washing up liquid and it finally came out along with all the gunk
and now everything seems to be working again. Not a quick job though
and going to order a new flat tank as it looks like it will gunk up
again over time. Hope you fixed yours ok

That is why is regularly run a cleaning cycle on our dishwasher.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Brian Gaff wrote:

Reading about dish washers here I am glad I never bothered.

You can always tell plates, glasses and cutlery that get dishwashered,
they're not smooth, sparkling and shiny.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
Brian Gaff wrote:

Reading about dish washers here I am glad I never bothered.

You can always tell plates, glasses and cutlery that get dishwashered,
they're not smooth, sparkling and shiny.

Mine are. In fact they sort of gleam compared
with how they were before being dishwashered.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/12/2018 10:37, Andy Burns wrote:
Brian Gaff wrote:

Reading about dish washers here I am glad I never bothered.

I feel the other way round - I can't understand why people *don't*
bother. And having just fed and cleaned up after 4 adults and 3 children
this xmas, I'm more convinced than ever.

Mind, the dishwasher did start making a pulsing/banging pipe sound the
last few washes, but seems to have fixed itself at the last wash. Very
occasional dishwasher cleaner aside, it's had no maintenance in the 6
years I've owned it - it's 12 years old, bought S/H.

You can always tell plates, glasses and cutlery that get dishwashered,
they're not smooth, sparkling and shiny.

Not IME. I've got some of those polycarbonate pint glasses, use them
regularly. I estimate they've had well over 500 dishwashes - still look
like new. The only time things go a bit weird is if something slips in
the wash, and stops the spray arm rotating

Alas it has nearly washed off the photo from my Karl Marx mug, but hey.
No other damage that I've noticed.

--
Cheers, Rob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lonely Psychotic Senile Ozzie Troll Alert! LOL

On Fri, 28 Dec 2018 04:43:01 +1100, cantankerous trolling geezer Rot Speed,
the auto-contradicting senile sociopath, blabbered, again:

or not using salt so the ion exchanger gets poisoned

I don¢t use salt in my bosch with aldi tabs, bit it¢s a reasonably soft
water area.

Seems nobody gives a **** what you use or don't use in your dishwasher,
senile Rot! Get a clue, finally! LOL

--
Sqwertz to Rot Speed:
asshole.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 27/12/2018 13:18, Richard wrote:
And how many thousand households do you visit anally to arrive at this
concussion?

Serious Freud there mate.

fully understood.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 28 Dec 2018 08:44:48 +0000, RJH wrote:

On 27/12/2018 14:38, wrote:
On Thursday, 27 December 2018 13:54:40 UTC, Bob Eager wrote:
On Thu, 27 Dec 2018 13:11:35 +0000, Andy Burns wrote:
Terry Casey wrote:
says...

You can always tell plates, glasses and cutlery that get
dishwashered,
they're not smooth, sparkling and shiny.

Perhaps you are using the wrong tablets?

I don't have a washdisher, but I can generally tell when someone else
does, it may be they're not cleaning it properly or using proper
doses of liquids/powders/tablets, but that seems to be a habit that
the owners fall into ...

A lot of people believe that tablets are a complete replacement for
salt (when needed).

The salt in tablets never gets to the ion exhanger. If salt is omitted
the exchangeer fails permanently. Cloudiness & limescale follow.

Only if salt is needed because of the nature of the water - at least for
my (Siemens) dishwasher. In the manual it says:

--
When the control is set to 0, it is not necessary to fill up with salt
as none will be consumed while the dishwasher is operating. The LOW SALT

That's why I said "when needed".

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Friday, 28 December 2018 08:44:51 UTC, RJH wrote:
On 27/12/2018 14:38, tabbypurr wrote:
[...]

yes, should be obvious to folk that know how they work.

NT